Hello everyone! We’re back with a new “how-to” video and this time, Chempedak and Pomelo are making play dough!
Yeappp, play dough is a favourite among the kiddos and it’s even more enjoyable when they make it themselves. It’s a completely safe keep-the-kids-busy-while-mommy-sleeps activity. Don’t judge a pregnant lady 😛
Anyway, I used to make their play dough using a rather tideous recipe which requires cooking the dough but we found this new recipe and it works a charm! Not only does it require simple ingredients that you most likely already have at home, it feels really silky smooth and smells absolutely wonderful! You just HAVE TO give it a try.
Check out the video by Chemps and Pomelo on how to make your very own play dough!
For those who can’t view the video, recipe is as below:
All you need are:
- 2 cups of corn flour (tepung jagung of any cheap brand)
- 1 cup of hair conditioner (any brand will do)
- Food colouring (optional)
- A spoon and a tray
And here’s what you have to do:
- Pour the flour onto the tray
- Add a few spoons of hair conditioner and mix with your hands
- Add the rest of the food conditioner and continue mixing with your hands until it comes together
- If you plan on making a few colours, you can split the dough into a few parts
- Add your food colouring and knead the dough some more
- And you’re done!
Enjoy your play dough!
Note: After we were done playing, we’ve kept ours in a zip lock bag and popped it into the fridge. It still seems alright for play after a week.